This page has been optimised for printing.
CUE50403: Diploma of Venues and Events
This section contains a the Employability Skills Summary for this qualification.
- interpreting production documentation
- interpreting and responding to briefs from potential clients
- providing information on protocol to colleagues and customers
- providing briefings to operational staff and suppliers
- liaising with customers and potential customers
- writing proposals/bids for projects
- developing and maintaining industry networks
- communicating effectively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- providing instructions to operational team members, briefing and de-briefing staff, suppliers and volunteers
- consulting with team members on planning, delivery and improvement of customer services.
- identifying room set-up deficiencies and discrepancies in supply of equipment and taking prompt action to rectify the situations
- developing strategies to address competitive issues when preparing bidding for work
- identifying customer service problems and taking action to improve systems/processes
- dealing with problems that arise from diversity issues
- identifying risk factors and taking action to minimise risk.
Initiative and Enterprise
- facilitating outcomes that balance different production and creative needs
- developing options to meet/exceed expectations of customers/potential customers.
Planning and Organising
- integrating protocol into event organisation activities
- checking all aspects of the set-up for events/meetings against the pre-arranged agreements
- developing plans for onsite management of events
- making cost estimates for inclusion in bid documents
- rostering and monitoring staff
- coordinating the acquisition of resources
- managing budgets and projects
- planning to meet customer needs and to manage a system for reporting/recording customer service outcomes
- developing and implementing operational plans.
- incorporating the workplace vision into bids and proposals
- demonstrating leadership
- acting within the scope of own job role.
- coaching colleagues in ways of accepting diversity in relation to colleagues and customers
- identifying training needs in relation to diversity issues
- keeping up to date with industry developments.
- using the internet for research
- using computerised record keeping systems.